All Motherites came from the meteor that crash landed in Faerie territory. They are a lonely species, imprinting on the first spirit they bump into. They are friendly, if not indifferent to humans and will not rest without a spirit owner. If their spirit is fighting or in danger, they will rush to defend them. (often not helping at all, but it's the thought that counts)
They have many similarities and differences with the spirits of house members.
► Similarities ◄○ Cannot be seen by adults or non-house members
○ When a host calls their spirit back inside their token, their Motherite will also disappear, most of the time. This is by their own choice, not because of the host's actions.
○ They will have the same elemental powers as the house their spirit belongs to
○ They can fight
○ They will not attach themselves to more than one spirit at a time
○ They do not need to eat or sleep to live, but they will develop favorite foods
► Differences ◄○ They are not durable and will die if hit too hard or if their wings are injured. Motherites getting hurt will not affect it's spirit or human host.
○ They can only have one ability, and that is shooting their elemental orbs at things to stun them. The orbs will bounce off of their target while giving them a weird sensation of the orb's element. (ex: an uncomfortable amount of warmth, the feeling of being gently pushed by water when there is none there, the feeling of being tangled by vines that arent there, a burst of air to push them down, blindness for a couple of seconds)
○ They cannot talk
○ They do not come with a token and can be traded or given away to other spirits, but not shared